Connector with Skype for Business
IAM Simplifies Employee Data Management in MS Lync
Connection with Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business
Managing user accounts and access privileges in the enterprise instant messaging application Microsoft Skype for Business (previously Microsoft Lync) has never been easier thanks to a new connector created by Tools4ever.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) offers you the ability to perform the following actions in Microsoft Skype for Business, based on information from any source system; in many cases the HR system:
- Create a user
- Disable users and re-enable them where necessary
- Configure users (e.g. setting a phone number for a Skype for Business-enabled user in combination with Exchange Unified Messaging or setting a PIN code)
- Reset a PIN code for voicemail access
- Select a pool in Active Directory based on the user's location
- Assign privileges to Lync users
- Use the Run Command (sending commands to the Skype for Business server)
Via Remote Powershell, a connection is established with the predefined Microsoft Skype for Business Server to gain access to the Powershell statements.