Case Study Overview:
- Client: Careyn
- Solution: Tools4ever’s offered a solution by implementing the Service Automation functionality of its flagship Identity as a Service (IDaaS) product, HelloID.
- Products and connectors: HelloID Service Automation, Active Directory
Careyn, located in the Utrecht and Breda regions of the Netherlands, is a conglomerate of home care organizations and welfare institutions. It offers services in the field of health care, nursing, home care, and youth health.
Ivo Jacobs, IT Project Manager at Careyn
Privacy is essential, especially within healthcare institutions, because it concerns sensitive patient information which is viewed, updated, and shared with other healthcare providers. GDPR has tightened the rules for storage and processing of personal data over the past few years. These rules are even more uncompromising for the Dutch healthcare sector due to the NEN 7510 information standard. Therefore, every employee with access to patient data on behalf of Careyn must agree in advance to these conditions to minimize the risk of security breaches and so that customers have peace of mind.
Complicated manual process
Streamlined automated process
Since the manual process was so time consuming, Careyn sought to automate it. Jacobs explains, “We already had the basic building blocks with the HelloID Identity and Access Management system, which we use for account management and network access. In close cooperation between the HelloID consultants and Careyn’s IT department, we added an automated electronic data processing (EDP) function.”
New users receive an account on HelloID. When employees log in for the first time, they are routed to an approval screen. Only when the user has accepted the conditions, do they gain access to Careyn’s network and applications. The approval is recorded and is available for audits. This approach was an immediate success. User acceptance reached 98%.
- Supports an automated approval process
- Integrated in the overall Identity Access Management solution
- Compliant with AVG and NEN 7510 guidelines
- Seamless integration with Careyn IT applications
- Rapid implementation and immediate results
- Transparency and audit capabilities
- 100% cloud-based and future-proof solution