MonitorMagic - Network Monitoring Software
Proactive Monitoring of Servers, Networks and Applications
MonitorMagic is a pro-active server and network monitoring software solution for hybrid network environments and includes pre-defined thresholds providing for early identification of performance degradations and preventing failures. Allowing for proactive server monitoring, network monitoring, application monitoring, event archiving, reporting and performance trending. MonitorMagic is unique in its flexibility and ability to quickly manage multiple components of an enterprise level or single server network.
MonitorMagic integrates with popular applications and hardware from vendors such as Microsoft Exchange & SQL Server, ISA Server, Veritas Backup Exec, Symantec & McAfee Anti-Virus, Dell OpenManage, Compaq Insight Manager, IBM Directory, Cisco and many more.
Servers, Network Devices and Applications Proactively Monitor and Manage
As your network grows larger, you need to find an effective method to monitor your business critical systems: servers, virtual servers, network devices, and applications. It is impossible for the Network Administrator to sit at a monitor all day and watch over the multiple servers, routers, printers, switches, and applications that are running throughout the system, that alone would be a full-time job.
By implementing MonitorMagic, network administrators will be able to pro-actively monitor and manage their servers, network devices and applications while, at the same time, easily archive event logs, create reports and do performance trending. MonitorMagic is easily implemented and can be up and running within 10 minutes with our out-of-the-box policies and dynamic report templates.
MonitorMagic automates the job of constantly monitoring business-critical servers, for Windows systems ranging from NT4 to 2008 and non-Windows operating systems such as UNIX, Linux and Novell.
- Out of the box support for critical performance parameters with pre-set thresholds.
- Proactive monitoring with alerting and escalation.
- Agent less monitoring, no need to install an agent on every computer.
MonitorMagic automates the job of constantly monitoring business-critical network devices such as routers, switches, printers and more. MonitorMagic offers extended support and integration for popular hardware vendors such as Cisco, 3Com, Alcatel, Nortel and others. Furthermore, MonitorMagic fully supports custom SNMP implementations that use private enterprise MIB structures as extension on the MIB-II base feature set.
- Uptime reports for network devices and servers.
- Full support for SNMP and enterprise-specific MIB structures.
- Supports monitoring critical parameters such as bandwidth, response time, URL availability and more.
- Monitor critical network services such as DNS, DHCP, WINS, RAS and more.
MonitorMagic automates the job of constantly monitoring business-critical applications and Operating Systems for performance and availability. MonitorMagic features built-in support for all possible application and Operating System resources and natively integrates with popular applications such as Exchange, SQL Server, ISA Server, Veritas Backup Exec, ARCServe, McAfee, and many more.
- Pre-configured thresholds and parameters.
- Monitor business critical processes such as backup job status, anti-virus definition updates, Active Directory replication and more.
- Plug-in architecture for custom application monitoring.
The Windows Event log is stored locally on each computer; therefore, no consolidation of information is available. Windows has no capability to replicate or synchronize this information to a single, centrally available audit source. MonitorMagic features central or distributed storage of Windows Event Logs in a database and provides intelligent and dynamic reports for easy and quick centralized event log management.
- Supports all event logs on Windows 2008, 2003, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and NT.
- Storage support for Microsoft SQL Server 2000, MSDE and Access.
- Integrated scheduler to archive outside office hours.
MonitorMagic has powerful reporting capabilities, featuring an integrated report template builder, generator and distribution system. Report templates use free-form architecture where you can use custom SQL queries. A large base of pre-configured reports comes with MonitorMagic for free.
- Powerful reports using an integrated report generator.
- Customize reports using the built-in report template builder no need for additional software such as Crystal Reports.
- Dynamic reports which adapt to what you are monitoring - no need to reconfigure reports when you add new servers.
- Uses standard database layout that is compatible with any office application.
- Automatic report distribution using HTML e-mail.
- Intelligent pre-configured report templates.
By drawing a graph of performance characteristics such as memory usage on a server for several months, you can quickly assess and predict possible stability and performance issues. You will be able to see when, for example, your Exchange server needs a hardware upgrade or when your in-house applications suffer from possible memory leaks.
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly performance trends for servers and network devices.
- Compare performance for multiple servers in a single graph.
- Use real-time and historical data from a central database.
- Automatic scaling to support multiple data types in one graph.
- On-the-fly rendering.
- High resolution printing.
- Custom timeline.
MonitorMagic saves network admins valuable time by monitoring the network and providing important management information. It comes with predefined rules and monitoring policies, that allows network admins to begin monitoring in less than 10 minutes.
Proactive System Management
MonitorMagic enables pro-active monitoring with pre-defined thresholds that can identify performance degradations early and prevent failures. This enables network admins to stop fire fighting and begin pro-active monitoring.
Agentless Remote Monitoring
MonitorMagicís unique architecture enables remote monitoring without the need to install an agent directly on the target computer. Without losing functionality, network admins can use all available monitoring capabilities with this concept.
One Day Deployment and Installation
Using our policy base and intelligent report templates, the implementation for any network can be completed within one day.
Powerful Performance Trending
Pinpoint potential and current problems by graphing performance characteristics to quickly assess and predict possible stability and performance issues.
MonitorMagic includes a powerful report builder and distribution system without the need for additional software. The report engine is dynamic; resulting in reports based on what is monitored without the need for any reconfiguration. Within 10 minutes, network admins can generate and distribute intelligent event log reports in HTML.
Open (Plug-in-) Command Interface
Allows for the ultimate flexibility: Organizations using batch files, scripts or other small utilities for a specific monitoring purpose can continue using these tools, and add scheduling and database storage by integrating them into MonitorMagic.
|NT 4.0||32 & 64 bits|
|Windows 2000||32 & 64 bits||all versions|
|Windows 2003||32 & 64 bits||all versions|
|Windows 2008||32 & 64 bits||all versions|
|Windows XP||32 & 64 bits||all versions|
|Windows Vista||32 & 64 bits||all versions|
|Windows 7||32 & 64 bits||all versions|
|Supported Remote Desktop|
|Windows Terminal Server|
Minimal Hardware Requirements
Processor: Pentium III (Pentium 4 or higher recommended)
Memory: 512 MB RAM (1 GB or more recommended)
Hard disk space: 256 MB (1 GB or more recommended)
Depending on the exact configuration and used components the system requirements may vary.