Manually managing user accounts and network access rights consumes significant amounts of your IT staff’s bandwidth. However, through an API connection, the information in UKG provides your organization with the perfect foundation of data to fully automate this process with HelloID. The ability to perform certain actions by HelloID is dependent on the API provided by UKG. With a strong API connection, HelloID can unlock the full capabilities of UKG and eliminate wasted time, money, and resources for your organization.
By integrating HelloID and UKG, any changes made in UKG are automatically detected by HelloID and implemented across the network according to the configured procedures. Examples of these changes and processes for employees are:
- Based on the information provided, UKG can create a user account in (Azure) AD with the proper group memberships. Depending on the position of the new employee, they can have access rights created in various other systems as well (e.g., SAP, TOPdesk). Tools4ever has over 150 interfaces with multiple target systems.
- If user account access rights are altered within the network (e.g., role changes, promotions, transfers, employee address/name change), the included authorization model in HelloID is automatically consulted, and access rights are granted or revoked accordingly
- User accounts are deactivated in phases and associated employees in the organization become informed.
There are many advantages to connecting UKG to HelloID. Here are some of them:
- Immediate Productivity: A new employee can become immediately productive by linking UKG to the user accounts within the network.
- Quick Changes: Changes are implemented quickly and consistently according to an organization’s specific configuration.
- Role-Based Access: A new hire will immediately get the correct access rights and privileges that are associated with their job duties.
- Interoperability: HelloID’s integration with UKG allows for automated data communication between systems.
Security / Auditing
Preventing the accumulation of rights, or “permission bloat”, is one of the most important reasons to implement an identity management solution. Over time, employees slowly gain more access than what is required to do their job. Especially with manual management, new authorizations are added but the old are never removed. The accumulation of these access rights can create many auditing problems. HelloID Provisioning ensures that these access rights are correctly managed and additional rights are granted/ revoked to provide the correct level of access at any given time.
News of departures can often reach IT slowly. This communication error can often lead to orphan accounts (i.e., accounts without an associated, active user that still maintain access rights to resources and data). These accounts pose a risk to your organization, leaving it vulnerable to security breaches and contributing to network pollution and resource drain. With HelloID, the orphaned accounts can be easily identified and removed.
Return on Investment
In many organizations, it takes (at minimum) 30 minutes to create, adjust, and delete user accounts. By connecting UKG with HelloID, the required effort of the system administrator and/or helpdesk employee becomes virtually zero once configured. This can help your organization in saving countless hours of wasted time and can also free up your IT department to work on more impactful projects.
Leveraging UKG’s data opens up all kinds of opportunities for an organization, like a better communication system. You can configure automatic email notifications for all parties relevant to a process, which keeps everyone in the loop. For example, IT can utilize the manager-employee relationship to inform managers of new user account creation and other relevant details like start/contract dates or specific employee info. Similarly, the correct people receive notice in the event on an employee departure. Ensuring everyone stays informed about personnel changes keeps operations smooth and efficient.